Created: November 29, 2009
c/o Parents Guild
320 Velarde St
Mountain View, California, 94041
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for Parents Guild, we ask you for some personal information including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. You may also provide additional author profile information (such as a photo, location, website, etc.), and you can edit your profile at any time.
- Log information – When you access Parents Guild services via a browser or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Parents Guild, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Parents Guild or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can use your profile page to review and control the information stored in your Parents Guild Account.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Parents Guild features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Parents Guild only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Parents Guild if we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Parents Guild employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Parents Guild services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. Please review the service Help Centers for more information.
Use Of Other Members’ Information
As a user of Parents Guild you will have access to other users' personal information. You agree to use this information solely for sharing and requesting referrals and recommendations. The Company and its users shall not tolerate spam of any kind. Accounts suspected of causing spam will be deleted immediately and such users shall not be allowed to register again. You are thus not permitted to contact any user of the Parents Guild via email, marketing messages or other kinds of spam without receiving their prior consent. Please feel free to report any users you suspect of using the Site as a platform for spamming by contacting our webmaster.
Parents Guild adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.